How to Enroll
How to Enroll
All applications will be submitted online at Lotterease.com. Click here to go the Lotterease website to begin the process. Parents may also choose to complete this process in the school office. The office staff will have a computer station available for parents to complete the online application process.
- New lottery applications will be accepted from February 1, 2021 at 8am - March 4, 2021 at 12pm.
- General admission into Crosscreek Charter School is determined by an annual blind lottery which is held on March 5, 2021 at 9:00 am.
- Siblings of current students at CCS receive enrollment priority (The revised law defines “siblings” as: “any of the following who reside and domicile in the same household: half siblings, stepsiblings and children residing in a family foster home.”) We define reside as domicile, which means permanent residence.
- To be eligible for kindergarten admission, students must be 5 years old prior to August 31st of the enrollment year (G.S. 115C-364).
- Parents/guardians of children that have legal residence in the State of North Carolina and live in any county within the state may apply for their child to be admitted into Crosscreek Charter School.
- Parents who elect to have their child attend Crosscreek Charter School must provide daily transportation to and from school (transportation cannot be a barrier to attending)
- Open House Sessions will be provided during the New Enrollment period to allow parents/guardians time to ask questions and to visit the school.
- We are based on a lottery system, not on a first come, first serve basis.
- Parents may complete all application materials by using the online application/enrollment site link located on the CCS webpage (www.crosscreekcharterschool.com).
General Admissions Process:
In accordance with North Carolina State Law, Crosscreek Charter School provides admission policies that allow all children the chance to gain admission.
Admission to Crosscreek Charter School is determined by our annual lottery.
- In accordance with North Carolina charter admissions statutes (G.S 115C-238.29G), priority is given to the following groups in the order listed: children of the school’s full time employees; and children who have siblings currently enrolled at CCS. (The revised law defines “siblings” as: “any of the following who reside and domicile in the same household: half siblings, step-siblings and children residing in a family foster home.”) We define reside as domicile, which means permanent residence.
Necessary forms for admission must be submitted for each child with a different birth date, and/or different first name on the day of the deadline in order to be included in the lottery.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be included as a part of our lottery.
Communication offering placement spots will be sent via email, depending on information provided by the parent during the application process. This will occur on the day of the lottery. Those not selected through electronic lottery will be placed on the CCS waiting list. Notification of waiting list placement will be sent via email.
If you have any questions, you can always call our office at 919-497-3198.