The Title I program at Crosscreek Charter School provides supplementary instructional support in the areas of reading and math. Schools qualify for Title I funding by demonstrating economic need among its population.
Crosscreek Charter School operates under the Targeted Assistance Model. This means that Title I funds are used, with other school funding sources, to provide supports to eligible students in small groups within the classroom or in a pull-out program. Our goal is for theses students to meet and exceed our high academic standards. Title I is a federally funded program that is one component of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015.
Services may be provided to a child in grades Kindergarten through Eighth grade who meets the school’s criteria for eligibility. Intervention teachers reinforce classroom teacher instruction, which must be coordinated through careful joint planning.
The ultimate goal of the Title I Program is to aid students in acquiring habits, attitudes, knowledge, and skills necessary to function as successful members of the school community. Title I is a federally funded program.
A Parent's Right To Know
Parents have a right to:
- Request information about staff members' credentials. Ask your child's principal about how to do this and/or check the school's website for this information. (Faculty and Staff)
- Know how your child's school is performing. The North Carolina School Report Card for your child's school will be sent home after it is released by the state. This typically occurs in November or December.
- Previous school report cards
- Each Title I funded school provides several opportunities for parent and family learning throughout the year. To learn more about these events, please check your school’s website and/or contact the Director.
- Family Engagement Workshops: These free workshops and events for families are held at school. They are intended to provide families with tools to support academic success and bring the school, families and community partners together. We invite you to attend a Family Academy workshop.
- CCS Family Engagement Policy